Litentry's identity aggregation is helpful in a couple scenarios.
- For now, projects like Uniswap had airdrops to their users based on unique addresses, but not unique identities. Validation and contribution methods proceed in a centralized way and face multiple questions like transparency, token claim fee, one-time distribution, etc.Litentry identity verification system enables crypto projects to identify target users and filter out zombies in an airdrop. It also empowers builders in the web3.0 ecosystem with an innovative TaskFi platform, a user needs to complete the tasks, and the user could claim the reward after the tasks are completed.
- Based on Litentry's cross-chain identity protocol, My Crypto Profile has unique features for users to discover another identity in the Web3 space. In the future, MCP will keep exploring the interactions with on-chain identity, and make use of the NFT module because an identity could be regarded as a collection of NFTs.
- Litentr's DID aggregated identity data could be further extracted and analyzed by open data platform like Web3go, to provide insights into the activities of cross-chain identity. Web3Go is a multi-chain data analytics platform that allows users to query, visualize and analyze blockchain data through easy-to-use yet powerful tools.
- Litentry's unique identity linking solution acts as the main registrar entry for open, decentralized domain name systems like PNS (Polkadot Name System), empowering them to index the public data into the domain name, with the private name reserved in Litentry's TEE side chain.
- Litentry team is also working on the Single Sign-On possibility with PolkaSignIn. We expect with this feature enabled, users could log in to any web2 or web3 services without friction in remembering the password, or saving browsing information, and repeatedly input personal information in centralized services. Imagine we have the “ Login with Litentry account” together with “Login with Google account” on the login page. And proxy accounts on any network could be generated without any frictions. That means we could gain interoperability across networks and applications.
- Currently, on-chain governance's voting power is determined simply by token holding. This creates serious big whales issues, in which large holders have significant power over the future of a particular protocol.Litentry's real-time credit calculation system provides a transparent, verifiable credit that potentially determines the voter's voting power. This proposal aims to account for more qualitative factors and encourage more active participation in on-chain governance.